Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Clinical Epidemiology & Biostatistics (CEBU) at MCRI in association with the Melbourne Children's Trials Centre specialises in biostatistics, epidemiological methods and data management. Experienced biostatisticians are not only essential for developing sample size estimates and analysis plans but also invariably provide valuable input into many aspects of trial design and conduct, based on the wide range of trials experience that they have typically had. Modern clinical trial teams are expected to include professional statistical expertise.
What can CEBU help with?
- development and refinement of your research question
- study design
- sample size calculations
- protocol development
- questionnaire design
- database design for data capture
- data capture and cleaning
- analysis planning
- statistical analysis
- presentation and writing up of results
CEBU also offers a range of short courses and training in these areas (with no prior knowledge required):
- Introduction to Biostatistics - 15 - 19 May and 2-16 October 2017
- Research Data Management - 9 - 10 August 2017
- Data Management in Action - 28 March and 28 November 2017
- Stata I and II - February, April, June, August and October 2017, 2-day courses
For further information about how CEBU can support your investigator-led clinical trial or to register for a short course or training please contact CEBU.